Since we had decided on a date (December 28, 2007), and we had booked the reception site (Genesys Conference & Banquet Center), and the church (St. John Vianney Catholic Church) was all set to go...what was NEXT, you ask?!?!? THE DRESS!!!
My mom, sister, mom's friend, Mary, and I went to Becker's Bridal. It was told to my mom, if you can't find a dress at Becker's Bridal, you won't find one anywhere...ummmm...that made me super nervous considering this was the first stop we were making. What if we didn't find my dress here, THEN WHAT???
So, off we traveled to Fowler, Michigan. Because I am nowhere near a size 6, it was a little stressful going to find a wedding dress. I wanted something with sleeves, as to not show my flab...not too easy to find!! I also wanted it to be simple. No fuss, no muss. My mom and Mary kept trying to get me to try on dresses with lace all over them...no thanks.
I tried on several dresses, but it was the either the second or third dress I tried on that became 'the one'!! It was sleeveless, with beading at the top. It was off white with a cafe colored strip at the very top and on the bottom. It had simple beading down the back from the waste to the floor that was shaped like little snow flakes...hmmm...see a theme? Winter, snowflakes, Christmas time!!! Things were looking up!
My mom bought my wedding dress, veil, and extra material that day. The extra material was for a shawl or something of the sort, to cover my flubbery arms!! ;)
The day wasn't over! We had a lovely lunch together. We then traveled all the way from Fowler to Troy where we went to Somerset Mall to look at one of their bridal boutiques...let's just say...things were A LOT more expensive there!!!
It was a long (and expensive ~ for my mom) day, but we got a ton accomplished!!! ...We had a date, a church, a reception site, a dress...what's next???? WHO WOULD BE IN OUR WEDDING??!!?!?!?
http://www.beckersbridal.com/site/Home.html
My mom, sister, mom's friend, Mary, and I went to Becker's Bridal. It was told to my mom, if you can't find a dress at Becker's Bridal, you won't find one anywhere...ummmm...that made me super nervous considering this was the first stop we were making. What if we didn't find my dress here, THEN WHAT???
So, off we traveled to Fowler, Michigan. Because I am nowhere near a size 6, it was a little stressful going to find a wedding dress. I wanted something with sleeves, as to not show my flab...not too easy to find!! I also wanted it to be simple. No fuss, no muss. My mom and Mary kept trying to get me to try on dresses with lace all over them...no thanks.
I tried on several dresses, but it was the either the second or third dress I tried on that became 'the one'!! It was sleeveless, with beading at the top. It was off white with a cafe colored strip at the very top and on the bottom. It had simple beading down the back from the waste to the floor that was shaped like little snow flakes...hmmm...see a theme? Winter, snowflakes, Christmas time!!! Things were looking up!
My mom bought my wedding dress, veil, and extra material that day. The extra material was for a shawl or something of the sort, to cover my flubbery arms!! ;)
The day wasn't over! We had a lovely lunch together. We then traveled all the way from Fowler to Troy where we went to Somerset Mall to look at one of their bridal boutiques...let's just say...things were A LOT more expensive there!!!
It was a long (and expensive ~ for my mom) day, but we got a ton accomplished!!! ...We had a date, a church, a reception site, a dress...what's next???? WHO WOULD BE IN OUR WEDDING??!!?!?!?
http://www.beckersbridal.com/site/Home.html


No comments:
Post a Comment