Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Winter 2006-2007 ~ MORE serious conversations, Trials, and The Plunge!

With all of the serious conversations going on between Jack and I, I wasn't sure if they were going to lead anywhere. It was confusing, maybe for both of us. We talked about if we had kids, what would we do about religion...Jack's point of view on religion is that he really doesn't like it very much; whereas, I grew up Roman Catholic. I went to a Catholic school from pre-k until 6th grade, went to CCD, etc.. I knew I was walking a tight rope talking about having kids, but I knew the next step for us (if kids were in our future) was to talk about how we would raise them, and what our priorities would be with that. I, obviously, wanted them to be raised Catholic, which interestingly enough, he didn't seem to mind that.

Over my Christmas break we decided to 'try out' living together...it wasn't like we didn't live 2 minutes away from each other, but we wanted to see if we could stand each other for more than 2 days in a row. So, I 'moved in' with Jack for a week or so...it was nice, and worked out well (plus, he had laundry in his apartment, mine was in the basement! Bonus!!)!!

Another thing that happened over Christmas break was I helped my cousin, Mary Jo, bar tend her annual Christmas party. She asked where Jack was, and I told her that he was working. She asked how things were going between us, and I told her that things were ok...I told her that we had recently broken up, and had just gotten back together...that we were trying to work things out...she perked right up and said, "you guys broke up???? That means you will be engaged in the next 3 months!!!!" I was like, "yeah right, whatever." Little did she know, we were working really hard to make this work.

Jack and I started talking more seriously about life and the next step, which was engagement. I told him that before he goes out and buys a ring, I could get us a deal through my BGBFs (Best Gay Boy Friends) in Florida! So, I contacted them, and told them what the deal was. That we were kind of in the market for a ring, and that I had picked one out that I wanted!

We took the plunge and bought the ring. We would have it delivered to my parents house so that it wouldn't sit in one of our apartment hallways...

No comments:

Post a Comment