The summer of 2006 was a great one. I went up north to where Jack's dad and step mom live. It was very nerve wracking. He was already up there, and I drove up by myself. SCARY!!! They live on a lovely lake in a small town where they pride themselves on their super-fun Fourth of July festival, called, The Biggest Little Fourth In The North.
The first time I went up was in May, though. We went to the bar, to the Eagles, to the hunting property, and out on the boat...you kind of have to make your fun when there are no malls or whatever!! It is verrry relaxing to be near the water and the forest.
The first time Jack met any of my family, except Catherine, was at a birthday party at the end of May. He met my dad's side of the family, along with my mom and dad. Things went well!
We also spent time taking drives, going to Eichelberg's farm to get the best fresh corn on the cob, cooking out...I also went to his Uncle Ray's and Aunt Dodi's 50th wedding anniversary party that June...I had to meet the entire Miller family...that.was.scary!!! We spent that summer just hanging out and making memories!
The first time I went up was in May, though. We went to the bar, to the Eagles, to the hunting property, and out on the boat...you kind of have to make your fun when there are no malls or whatever!! It is verrry relaxing to be near the water and the forest.
The first time Jack met any of my family, except Catherine, was at a birthday party at the end of May. He met my dad's side of the family, along with my mom and dad. Things went well!
We also spent time taking drives, going to Eichelberg's farm to get the best fresh corn on the cob, cooking out...I also went to his Uncle Ray's and Aunt Dodi's 50th wedding anniversary party that June...I had to meet the entire Miller family...that.was.scary!!! We spent that summer just hanging out and making memories!


No comments:
Post a Comment