Before Jack and I met, we had both lived out of state for a several years. He lived in Las Vegas, and I lived in Huntsville, Alabama. We both moved into the same apartment complex that was right behind Mike's Tavern, where we met.
I had lived there for a little over 2 years, and he had lived there for a couple of months. So, we started seeing eachother. He made me dinner, I made him dinner. We had drinks. I met his friends, he met my friends.
I was a full time pre-nursing student at Mott Community College at the time. One of the reason's I moved back to Michigan was to go back to school, and become a nurse, so school was a big priority in my life. He was a retail logistics manager. Christmas came, and we exchanged gifts...he got me a watch and an alarm clock (and something else, I can't remember what it is, though)! I got him a crock pot, a Christmas candle, and some big serving spoons. He had already made plans for New Years Eve before we met, and I had company coming from Alabama anyway, so we didn't spend NYE together, which was a little disappointing.
By the middle of January, I was fed up with the antics of Jack, and decided to call off seeing eachother until further notice.
Further notice happened when I needed a ride to the airport during the first week in March '06. I was going on a trip to Los Angeles and onto Las Vegas to meet some friends (what an amazing trip that was)! ...but I didn't have a ride to the airport. Everyone I knew was working or busy...soooooooo...I called Jack...it just happened to be, that he was going to Vegas that same weekend, which made him free to drop me off. When he dropped me off, he told me that I owed him a drink after we both got back.
I don't remember how long it was before we met up again, maybe a few weeks, but I made good on owing him a drink.
One night, in April, he was out with his friends, and I was out with my friends. We met at Legends, another bar we liked to go to. He came up to me at the end of that evening and told me that he loved me. That was the beginning of that.


No comments:
Post a Comment