Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, March 7, 2011

The Day Before And The Morning Of The Wedding

So, the day before the wedding was, of course, super busy. We had friends and family flying/driving in from everywhere. We had the ultra sound. We had the rehearsal. Then, we had the rehearsal dinner.



The ultra sound proved to be a very exciting and emotional experience. I am sure it is for most parents. We just couldn't believe we had created a life inside of me. The baby was seemingly good. There was enough fluid, enough heart beats, etc. The pictures were incredible.




Because the ultra sound and my friends' flight arrival were at the same time, my sister offered to pick up one of my bridesmaids, Sarah, from the airport. We met her for "drinks" after....of course, I had water =( haha.





We brought Sarah back to the apartment, got her settled in...then it was already time to start getting ready for the rehearsal. The rehearsal was uneventful...everyone showed up, that was supposed to. Jack had decided long ago that he wanted to do beer and pizza for our rehearsal dinner. We trekked out to Johnny's Pizzeria in Fenton. The set us up a little buffet of pizza, salad, and bread sticks. Not exactly the worlds classiest rehearsal dinner, but it was yummy.





I decided to tell my best friend, Lindsay, who was 5 months pregnant with her son Brody, that I was expecting. I pulled her aside in the bathroom and told her. She seemed to be pretty shocked...and excited, I think.





The end of the night came quickly. Jack was staying the night at Al's...his best man's house. Sarah came home with me. It was going to be an early morning, we had to start with hair at about 8am.



Cassie, my future mother-in-law, was meeting Sarah and I at the apartment on wedding day. She was coming with us to get her hair done, too!


It is truly amazing how fast time goes by when you HAVE to be somewhere at a very specific time. Amy, my sort-of cousin and hair dresser, did Lindsay's hair, Sarah's hair, Cassie's hair, and my hair. At Amy's salon, there is a little massage therapy room right off the main salon room. When there is a massage in progress, it is asked of the patrons to keep it down so the person getting the massage can relax...fair enough. Sarah didn't realize that...all of a sudden she started screaming because she saw GIANT snowflakes!!! She was so excited!!! ....being from the south, she hadn't seen snow in a really long time!! It was so funny!! The rest of us were disappointed that it was snowing...


















My sister, Catherine came from her hair dresser's to Amy's to chill with us...she had her hair and makeup done there!! She looked sooo pretty!!




Then we were done, and had to get to the church to apply makeup and get dressed...holy crap...time was flying. I was getting MARRIED in a couple of hours! People kept asking if I was nervous...HELL NO!!! My thought process was, if you are nervous about who you are marrying, then maybe, just maybe, you should re-think who you are marrying...


Right after we were done getting ready, and BEFORE the wedding we had to get some pictures done...let me just say, I DID NOT LIKE THIS. My photographer turned out to be kind of an ass. The end-result was nice, but he was like the wedding photographer Nazi. No personality, no sense of humor or fun, no leniency...If I were really mean, I would post his name in my blog, but I am too nice for that. ;))


Before I knew it, I was in my dad's office, he was putting a penny in my shoe for good luck, we were lining up to get our flowers (which were NOT what my mom and I ordered), and got into the back of the church, where I could hear the quartet's beautiful notes...


No comments:

Post a Comment