Soooo...the bride never finds things out at the time they are happening because no one wants to upset her...fair 'nuf. My mom and I had worked very hard to make sure the wedding was as perfect as possible, but some things just are not in our control. My mom forked over thousands of dollars of her very hard-earned money to make my day wonderful, which it was...but some things just could have been better!! (My mom and I have discussed this many times, and we both agree).
When we ordered my bouquet and the centerpieces (well, all the flowers, really), we specifically said that we wanted NO FAKE PEARLS in any of the pieces...wellllll, guesssssss whaaaaaat (in my sarcastic voice)...my bouquet had FAKE PEARLS. My bouquet stems were supposed to be wrapped in a pretty silk-like ribbon all the way to the bottom...so NO stems were showing...hmmm...yeah...not so much. STEMS. STEMS. STEMS everywhere.
On to the wedding...so, I hear much later that my Uncle Greg (whom was doing one of the readings), was not at the church just a few minutes before the wedding was supposed to start. Apparently, my Aunt Carol had lost her earrings, and everyone in the house was helping look for them....my uncle told me he drove, like, 90 mph down I-69 trying to make it to the church on time!!! Any who, Dave, one of the groomsmen, came from the back of the church to let my mom, whom had already been seated, know that my uncle was not in the church, and that he would fill in if Uncle Greg did not make it in time. That was very generous of him! Thanks Dave!! Thankfully, Uncle Greg made it in time!! ...Aunt Carol, and cousins, on the other hand, got there just a wee bit late...but that is ok...
And then there was the weather. Good Lord above...it was just my luck that it was the world's worst weather...I realize that we chose to get married in December, but what happened to those beautiful, crisp, snow-tipped branches, with beautiful frost designs on the windows, with beautiful winter sunsets beyond the barren trees??? pshhhhh...uh, yeah right...we got giant snow flakes that turned into gray slush, sleet, and eventually (with perfect timing after the wedding) an ice storm...FREAKIN' LOVELY. Of course that meant fewer people made it to the reception than planned...which was REALLY annoying, considering my mom had paid for all of the people that didn't show up.
Speaking of the reception, guess what?? The centerpieces looked like crap!! The tables were round and big...there was supposed to pewter vases with beautiful red roses in them with lots of red rose petals sprinkled between the centerpiece and the place settings...the vases were wayyyyy too small for the tables, and there were hardly any rose petals. I was so disappointed.
After the reception we went to the hotel, Jack woke up in the middle of the night sick as a dog. He had a horrible sore throat and felt like poop. I guess it was going around because one of my bridesmaids, Sandy, had to leave early because she was so sick, too.
There are about 10 other things I could list that irritated the crap out of me, but I will keep those things in my head. Do not get me wrong, the day was lovely, but I was so glad when it was over. My advice: GO. TO. VEGAS. =)
On a final note, Jack and I were very very thankful to everyone who contributed to making our wedding day so awesome. We got amazing compliments on church decor, my dress, the food at the reception, and the cake.
The next morning, we had breakfast at the buffet. After breakfast, we had "Miller Christmas" in the meeting room! Unfortunately, this celebration was compromised because of the wedding...it was still a nice time spent with the family, though...it was also our opportunity to announce to Jack's sister, brother, and their families that we were expecting a baby...I think Linc said something to the affect of, "wow, Jack, you work fast!!!" ...pretty funny!! Now that we had overtaken the entire 2007 Christmas holiday, it was over, and time to recuperate!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment