Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, October 4, 2010

Wondering if I am Doing Something Wrong?

After an unsuccessful attempt at getting pregnant, I asked my mom (a nurse) to help me find an OB. She got back to me and suggested one. I said cool, I will make an appointment to make sure everything is in working order. Then I wondered how she found this doctor, so I asked. She said, "I got her name out of the Yellow Pages!" ...great.

So, I made an appointment. She asked me questions, did her assessment, and told me everything was fine from her point of view. I showed her my temperature chart, and confirmed with her that it was accurate; that ovulation was probably occurring as the chart said. She said that it probably was. COOL!!! I was in a much better mood after talking to her! She was very caring and nice!

Here we were, the beginning of November...Monday the 5th, to be exact. Jack was at work, and I was at home watching Discovery Health Channel. On the TV, was a show called Pregnancy For Dummies. PERFECT!!! Exactly what I needed!! I watched and watched...It went through all kinds of stages of ovulation, pregnancy, delivery, and beyond. During a commercial break, I decided to go take a pregnancy test (which I was told not to take them anymore...Jack said that I was jinxing us by peeing on a stick too much)!! Not that I condone hiding things from your spouse, but I could just throw that one in the dumpster, right?!?! So, I peed on a stick for the 90-ka-jillionth time in 2 months....this was becoming an expensive addiction!!

I figured I would have to wait the 2 or 3 minutes, like usual, but as soon as I looked at the enclosed plastic part, it was already turning pink...which meant it was a POSITIVE pregnancy test!!!! omgomgomgomgomgomgomg!!!!!!!!! WHAT??!!!??!?!!? What was I going to do now??? I told Jack that I wouldn't pee on any more sticks, and I did, and it was POSITIVE!!! I guess I would just have to fess up. I gathered my thoughts and called him. He answered. I don't remember exactly what he was saying to me, but whatever it was happened to be a perfect segue into me saying, "you are going to be a daddy!!" He was blown away...couldn't gather his thoughts! He was so excited!! I couldn't wait for the end of his work day!! I needed a hug!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment