Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, October 4, 2010

Things ALWAYS Work Out As Planned, Right??

**THIS IS PROBABLY TOO MUCH INFORMATION/GRAPHIC FOR SOME**

So, in September of 2007 we decided it was time to make a baby. (Even though I am Catholic, and my parents would probably/definitely not approve, it was the right timing for us...we knew what we wanted for our lives/family). This would give us a baby in June. PERFECT!!! That is exactly the right time! We would be married, I would be out of school for the summer, and hopefully by then, we would be in a house. We were still living in a one-bedroom apartment. It was a cute little apartment, but only big enough for Jack and I...and not one person more!!

One Monday in early October, my mom and I were out shopping for her mother-of-the-bride dress. We went from Flint, halfway down to Detroit, back up to Troy, and finally all the way up to Frankenmuth!! We finally found the perfect dress at a cute little boutique in the cute little German city!!! The significance of this day, besides getting mom's fabulous dress, is that "aunt flo" visited that day....WHAT????? This wasn't supposed to happen?!?! We should have made a baby. I was so confused. When I decide to do something, I am usually successful....well, not this time.

Jack and I were both pretty disappointed. It felt like there were constant reminders of our failure...I had started the nursing program, and was doing a lot of learning in Hurley Medical Center's School of Nursing building...down in the lower level are about 9 or so pictures of the months of gestation, and how the baby grows inside the mom...seeing those all the time was so sad...i just wanted to be pregnant. My wonderful cousin, Keri, had just had little Lincoln!! How cool, but just another reminder that I didn't get pregnant. And, my BFF, Lindsay was 3 months pregnant with her first baby. Now, I am not stupid. I know that people try for months and years with no successful pregnancies, and that is devastating. I can't imagine how horrible that is. This was just the first month. There was still October. Knowing that we didn't want to have a baby during the school year, we had a window, and the window was getting smaller with each unsuccessful try.

October was here, October went....the last week in October, I was laying in bed, and told Jack that I felt period cramps. Crying, I told him that I didn't know why we weren't better at this. The thermometer was telling us when I was ovulating. I was so sad...Jack told me it would be ok, and not to worry too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment